"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Monday, July 4, 2016

12 Months

Today is the official day.  Eleanor is 12 months old.  One year.  Holy cow.  One year ago we met this tiny little baby girl. 
Now here we are with a one year old.  I'm trying to wrap my mind around it.  She's been covered in prayers from the beginning and we are blessed with this healthy growing girl.  At one year old:
  • She weighs 20.2 pounds (about 50th percentile) & is 28 inches long (about 20th percentile)
  • wears a 12 month clothing size and is moving into 18 month sizes gradually
  • sits, crawls, pulls up to her knees, stands on her hands & feet, will stand holding on to something if you put her there, can sit down gracefully, but doesn't seem to be in any hurry to walk.  Drew and I are just enjoying the last moments before she starts walking, because we know it's coming! 
  • LOVES dogs, books, and balls
  • sleeps in her own room for 12-13 hours a night.  Takes one nap during the day that usually lasts 1-2 hours. 
  • still enjoys being worn in the Moby wrap if the mood is right and it's not too hot outside
  • is down to one bottle in the morning and one before bed (and she is almost completely switched to whole milk instead of formula)
  • favorite foods: blueberries, graham crackers, mac & cheese, chicken, turkey, yogurt
  • saying more and more words.  Most  clearly understood words: Daddy, ball, dog, hi.  She's imitating lots of other sounds and has a handful of other words & names that sometimes come out clearly and other times they all sound the same :)  She says "mama" when she's upset, but she's really only called me mama twice and most of the time she still calls me dada :) 
Today's 12 month photo shoot was a wiggly one! 
 











And then she fell out of the chair and the photo shoot was over.  Side note: she's fine.  I felt terrible that she fell, but Drew & I agreed that we are pretty proud that she made it a full year before she fell off a piece of furniture!  I've had such fun with the monthly photos that I'm sad to let them go.  Maybe I'll just take her photos on the 4th of every month for the rest of her life.  We'll call it art and someday you can come see a lifetime of monthly Eleanor photos in a gallery.  (Or, that might make me a crazy mom.)  All joking aside, this has been an incredible year.  God's plan never ceases to amaze me.  Today I think Him for this child and for the choice that Eleanor's birth mom made one year ago today.  We are blessed.  God is good.  Happy Birthday, Eleanor. I love you so very very much. 

No comments: