"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Monday, July 25, 2016

Mini Vacation: Day 2 & 3

We headed up to Branson Saturday morning. We did a bit of outlet shopping, but it was so crowded and about a billion degrees. Those are the shopping trips where I buy nothing because the entire situation stresses me out. 
Look who we talked into driving up for the Dixie Stampede. (Yes, I bought the expensive souvenir photos. I'm that person.)
Eleanor LOVED the show! 
On Sunday we drove up to Springfield to visit the original Bass Pro Shop. The USO was set up there to gather donations and had this beautiful Great Dane. 
We ate brunch at Hemingway's restaurant in Bass Pro and it was delicious. We spent a couple of hours looking around and then headed home. It was a quick little getaway, but we had a good time. 
Shopping is tiring and Mommy is just so comfy. 

Eleanor had her 12 month well child visit this morning and is doing great. She's 28 inches long (10-25th percentile) and 20lb 11oz (50th percentile), so that's all great. She's within normal guidelines for physical developmental milestones and is ahead of the game with verbal & social skills. She handled her immunizations like a champ. Yay for a healthy kiddo and 6 months until the next well child visit. 

No comments: