"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Corn Maze

Last year we opted out of the suburban tradition of corn mazes & pumpkin patches because Eleanor was only a few months old.  This year I've been looking forward to taking her and had these visions of her toddling through the pumpkin patch & squealing with delight.  So, with camera in hand, we took our pretty little selves to Farmland Adventures in Springdale this afternoon.  Drew wore Eleanor in the Ergo, we paid our admission, and started the afternoon in the corn maze.  (I was just a sheep because I have NO sense of direction.  Drew was the shepherd. Lol.)  Eleanor thought it was funny to ride on Daddy's back (she doesn't like the back carry with me, so it was a new experience for her). 

 25 minutes later and we reached the exit of the maze... with a baby sleeping on Drew's back.  So, selfie of me & Drew...
 
 She was completely out, so we put the little shade over her head to protect her from the sun and walked around for a few minutes as the other families enjoyed the petting zoo, pumpkin patch, and corn box.  Our kid slept through it all, so we put her in the car and came home.  So much for Mommy's visions of the perfect fall family outing :) 
We've decided that we'll take her elsewhere to pick out a pumpkin another time, so you can be sure I'll take photos of that.  She finished her good nap in the car on the way home and now she's watching football with her Daddy, which is a pretty great October activity, too. 

No comments: