"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Friday, October 28, 2016

Good Times

How do I get myself into these things? Asylum Haunted House. Does that sound like something I would do? Nope, I didn't think so either, but I did it. I'm 36 years old and went through a haunted house for the first time. Peer pressure, it's no joke. Be strong, kids. There were tons of startles & scares and it's possible that I screamed a bit. Maybe. I'm loud in a normal setting, so just use your imagination. The real terror?  How about the narrow tunnels that required CRAWLING through enclosed spaces in the PITCH BLACK. Yep.  (Have you forgotten that I'm claustrophobic?) How about the clowns that zeroed in on me in a hurry and stood silently, inches from my face, just breathing on me. Breath breeze, y'all. I could feel their creepy breath breeze. That happened.  (Dude, I don't even like my husband to breathe on me. Breath breeze is gross.) 
Also, we laughed A LOT.  Good times. (For real, we had fun & these are my favorite people.) 
 
 
Drew took Foose to the vet for normal vaccinations this morning. He's such an anxious fella and was not thrilled about the outing. The dog, not Drew. He's had a hot spot on his right leg for months and right about the time it starts to heal up, he starts licking it again. Well, guess what? It started as a hot spot, but it's now a lick granuloma. Apparently, that's a thing. And get this... it's anxiety related. He is self soothing by licking and (the vet actually used these words) it's a form of obsessive compulsive behavior in some dogs. For real? OCD. My dog has OCD. They want us to put this anti lick stuff on it and wrap it daily to keep him from licking. That should be a good time because you know what makes my anxious 88 pound dog even more anxious? Me trying to put medication on his sore leg. Good times (I'm being sarcastic). 

No comments: