Pat & Alex stopped by yesterday and I did my best to get a few pictures of Eleanor & Corbin. He's still so tiny and Eleanor looks like a giant next to him. Also, I'm still slightly terrified that my huge baby is going to attack their tiny baby. Since she was reaching for it (and I hoped that it would occupy her enough to sit still), I let Eleanor have my camera lens cover.
She's eating a lens cover & he's staring at the ceiling fan.
Hanging with Daddy.
Friday, March 4, 2016
This girl is 8 months old today. Every month I have the same thought... how did she get this big?! Time is flying and this kid is awesome. She's growing and changing and I am honored to be along for the ride.
- weighs 18 pounds
- reaching the limits of 6-9 month clothing!
- sits like a pro & reaches all around for whatever she wants
- pretty efficient with the pincer grasp (picking small things up with her thumb & pointer finger) and uses that to her advantage during meal time
- eating more & more table foods and chunkier baby foods (in addition to a 6 oz bottle, 4 times a day)
- is finding her voice. Loudly! She says "dada" on a regular basis & has an obvious preference for her Daddy over anyone else lately (we're pretty sure she's said it in direct reference to him, but we can't prove that!)
- sleeps in her own room now (but how many times Mommy has to soothe her through the night varies. Sometimes it's just once, but when it's been a busy (aka over stimulating) day then she tends to wake up every couple of hours in need of the pacifier & a pat.)
- has three teeth on the bottom
- loves books, toys that play music, playing pat-a-cake and swinging at the playground
Our monthly pictures with Minnie Mouse
Posted by The Harris Family at 12:32 PM