"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

18 Months

It's the 4th and that means that my baby is 18 months old today.  The last 6 weeks have been such a jar to her (and my) routine that I feel like we have some making up to do together.  Today was my first day in quite a while to just stay home with Eleanor and do stay-at-home mom things.  "Just chill and relax for a while," they said.  So, of course, I decided that today was as good a day as any to start officially potty training.  Happy 18 months, Eleanor!  You wear those big girl panties so well.

Since I recently went on a bragging binge, I'll try to go easy on the monthly stats.  Let's stick with the basics. 
  • 30 1/2 inches tall, 23 pounds
  • wears an 18 month size clothing and size 3 toddler shoe
  • talk a LOT (about 120 words)
  • has a short list of people that she currently likes and a long list of people that she currently does not.  These lists are not always predictable and sometimes hurt feelings.  Sorry, y'all. 
  • has an opinion about nearly everything and is not afraid to express those opinions.  (loudly, if necessary.) 
  • can identify and name 3 shapes (circle, star, triangle)
  • favorite food: oranges
  • favorite character: Elmo
  • favorite activity: opening doors
  • constant favorite: reading books

No comments: