"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Monday, February 27, 2017

sickly

Eleanor has been sickly for the last week.  She ran a low fever for a day or two and has just been sickly in the days since.  Snotting, fussing, whining, coughing.  More snotting and fussing.  I'm so over it.  Hey cold/sinus/virus/junk, don't let the door hit ya on the way out.  Bye Felicia. 
Foose drives me crazy some days, but he's awesome with Eleanor and that makes up for it all.  Best dog ever.  A snap shot. 
 A grainy video (if you're reading from a computer and not your phone)
video
Day one of sickness.  I was dressed and ready for Bible Study.  Eleanor drank an entire bottle, gagged and threw it all back up.  No fun. 
 Holding Daddy's hand, because Daddy can fix things that Mommy just can't. 
 At some point I got tired of hearing the fussy baby scream to go outside, so I put her in the Ergo and we walked around the back yard and searched the sky for airplanes. 

I don't even know what day this was.  The days are running together. One minute she wants to be snuggled...
 ...the next minute she's howling to play in the grass. She didn't have a fever and we can't sit inside and get on each other's nerves forever, so I let her go outside.  Sickly baby thinks she feels well enough to play.  Sickly baby winds up passed out in the grass with no energy to get back up.  Mommy takes a photo before scooping her up.  (And, of course, sickly baby throws wild, screaming fit over being taken back inside.) 
For days  I've been trying to sneak her favorite blanket from her long enough to wash it.  The blanket in her lap used to serve as an acceptable temporary substitute for her favorite blanket (clutched in her right hand).  That is no longer the case.  I'm going to have to get creative because the favorite blanket has been sleeping with the snotty baby for days and it's disgusting.  (Shout out to Jan for making said favorite blanket when Eleanor was just a baby.) 
 I used to hold her while she napped quite often, but that never happens anymore.  The only good thing about a slightly sickly baby is this.  Sleeping baby snuggles. 
 Since there hadn't been fever in a couple of days and Eleanor adores her sitter (who knew the sickly scenario), Drew & I kept our date night.  Lord knows I needed that date night! 
Sunday morning snuggles with Daddy. 
In all seriousness, this snotty sickness has been zero fun and is making my already sassy & opinionated toddler a complete terror.  I don't even know what to do with her.  Her attitude is dialed all the way up and I'm using all the grown up self control I possess just to keep my cool and not throw my own tantrum.  It's exhausting and I can only hope that once she starts feeling better that she will calm back down a bit.  Jesus take the wheel.  Also, be careful, because there's probably snot on the wheel.  

No comments: