"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Monday, February 20, 2017

Weekend

Guess what we picked up this weekend? 

 We are so excited about our new camper!  We looked and came super close to buying one last year and then decided to wait another year.  I had my eye on one particular brand, so we drove to Claremore, OK a couple of weeks ago to look.  We ultimately decided on this R-Pod by Forest River, went back on Saturday to pick it up, and I think we're going to love it.  It's just the perfect size for our little family of three. 

It seems like in the 'old days' that when our families wanted to go camping, we just packed up and went camping.  (Granted, I was just a kid and not involved in the planning, but I'm pretty sure my parents didn't sit down in February and plan our entire summer of camping.)  No matter, it's 2017 and apparently that's how it works these days.  Good news: online reservations make is easy to plan.  Bad news: online reservations make it easy for everyone else to plan, too.  We've got our first long weekend planned for the beginning of March and we're getting recommendations and mapping out where we want to go over the next few months.  So exciting!!!
Once we got the camper settled, we went to Nonnie's for a quick dinner and to visit Aunt Becky & Martin who were in town for the weekend. 
Eleanor's first piano lesson? 
 Tea party with Aunt Jessica. 
 Cooper is growing so much! 
 Playing mobile tea party.  "Here Corbin, have a bite." 
 Hugs for Aunt Jessica. 
Before church on Sunday.  
The reason we have to lock the dead bolts.  Girl can open doors.  
Eleanor is doing much better in her toddler class at church.  Yesterday there was only slight hesitation and no crying when we left her.  I think that having two hours there on Wednesdays is helping and I know it's good for both of us.  We'll keep doing what we're doing for this semester, the summer we'll have off, and in the fall she will most likely do two days a week of Mother's Day Out.  I'm both excited and anxious about that, so we'll just not talk about it for now.  

1 comment:

BethAnn said...

Love the camper!! I saw the 'retro' R Pod several weeks ago and it brought back many memories of fun and family.

Elanor looks like a natural and has such concentration. She's very intent.

Thank you sooooo much for sharing your family.
BethAnn