"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Friday, March 3, 2017

20 Months

I have a few hours before we leave for our first camping trip of the season and so I'm taking this free moment to post about Eleanor a day early.  Tomorrow is the 4th, which means she'll be 20 months old and I've unofficially given myself to her second birthday to continue the monthly posts.  (We'll re-evaluate when we hit 24 months.) I'm pretty sure that yesterday's post made it clear that she's got the tantrum thing down pat, so let's move along to all the other cool stuff about Eleanor this month. 
  • Weighs 23.7 pounds and is 31 inches tall.  Wears a 24 month size clothing (though her short little legs aren't nearly as long as her body) and is lingering somewhere between a size 4 & size 5 toddler shoe. 
  • Likes to draw, mostly scribbling horizontal lines, but beginning to do a bit of circling. 
  • Can identify 5 shapes with regularity: circle, square, triangle, star, heart.
  • To our great surprise, can correctly name and identify 3 colors: red, blue, green.  She won't always answer you when you ask what color something is, but she often brings us random objects or points out things and then declares their color... correctly!  She brought me a purple ball the other day, dropped it in my lap and said, "Purple!", but she hasn't done it since.  So red, blue, and green are the three that she does with regularity and accuracy. 
  • Still loves to read books.
  • Would rather be outside than anywhere else.  Outside. All. The. Time. 
  • Her teachers at church have gone from commenting on how much she talks to commenting on how she loves to dance.  Girl hears a tune, girl has to boogie. 
  • Favorite food: mandarin oranges, cheese, strawberries, bread, guacamole
  • Phrase of the moment: "MooMe Foose!" (Translation: Excuse me, Foose!)
She loves her blanket & paci.  Mandatory items in her toddler life. 
 She's outgrown Minnie Mouse by a mile. 
 Her climbing adventures just this morning. 

No comments: