"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

21 Months

I have reached the point that when someone asks how old Eleanor is, I respond with, "She'll be two in July."  No more "X months" answers.  But this is my blog and I'll post monthly updates if I want to.

Eleanor at 21 months:
  • Weighs 24 pounds 
  • Wears a 24 month or 2T size clothing and is still somewhere between a size 4 and size 5 shoe (also, she LOVES shoes.  She wants them all.  It's not uncommon to wear 3 or 4 different pairs of shoes in a day.) 
  • Favorite foods: Teddy Grahams, pudding, scrambled eggs, yogurt
  • Favorite activities: playing outside, taking bubble baths, spotting airplanes in the sky
  • Newest skill: jumping.  She can bounce like a pro on the little trampoline and is getting so close to jumping on solid ground.   She gives it her all and has even gotten both feet off the ground a few times.  We all cheered like she was an Olympian. 
  • Talks and talks and talks.  Also, she is loud.  So loud.  I don't know if I'm supposed to be counting how many words she has at this point or not, but it would take a while.  I'd say a couple hundred, at least.  Frequently puts 2 and 3 words together, sometimes more.  Girl's a talker. 
  • Identifies and names the following colors: Blue, Green, Red, Black  (Sometimes: Purple, Pink, White)
  • Drinks from a cup all day.  Still gets a bottle of milk in the evenings, but we've discovered that she only wants to do this if Drew & I are around.  If she's with someone else then she won't even consider the bottle.  So it's pretty much a comfort thing and I'm letting it happen because she's my baby.  Don't judge. 
  • Favorite items: her blanket, Minnie Mouse, pacifier (mainly when she's tired or fussy)
  • Mommy's favorite Eleanor trick this month:  has added the donkey to her long list of animal sounds and has the cutest "HeeHaw!" I've ever heard
I took these photos of her outside yesterday.  She had an afternoon bath because, well, why not?  She was wearing a t-shirt and diaper and her hair was still damp when we went out to check the mail.  I should have known that she'd want to stay outside.  I grabbed the camera.  (The scratch on her head is the remnant of a tumble she took on the playground last week. Playing hard is hard work.) 
 
 



And a video.  This one is from my new camera, so the quality is better, but it still won't work if you're reading from a cell phone.  So either switch to your computer or just imagine 5 second of Eleanor jumping and falling down on the sidewalk :-)
video

1 comment:

Becky said...

Longer and more videos please, Aunt Becky