"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Easter

I forgot to share our limited Easter photos with you on the last post.  As I look back over the last two years of photos, I have this picture on repeat:  I set up the tripod and camera, tell Drew to stand "right there", I set the timer, run to stand beside him and we get a photo like this one... with Eleanor in the middle wearing a look of confusion and disinterest.  I haven't quite figured out all the set up for the new camera, so this year's pre-church Easter pictures were at a weird angle and zoom. 

 Cropped and with a filter, to make it look like a lovely family photo, even though my two loves really weren't into it.  (Really, look at Eleanor's face.  She's all like, "Why are we even doing this?") 
They love me enough to try.  Now that I'm thinking about it, our Christmas cards last year pretty much had this same pose and look from Eleanor.  Of course I love to have photos of all three of us, but my favorites are the ones that aren't so arranged.  Now that I'm thinking of it, I need to just book a session with our photographer that took Eleanor's newborn photos and just have some family photos taken.  One should do that every two years, right? 
Even if the family photos weren't perfection, Eleanor was her normal fiery self.  We didn't buy special Easter clothes this year, but this dress and sandals that I bought at the last consignment sale fit the bill perfectly.  Oh, and the attitude.   She's always donning the attitude. 
 This one is my favorite. 


 She wanted to sit in this chair. 
 Then she was mad that she was sitting in this chair.  Life is complicated. 
Random fact: I don't think I've mentioned that the bottle is gone.  It's been two weeks and the bottles are over.  They aren't even in the pantry "just in case".  They are gone forever.  I'm proud of her for moving on, but I'm the tiniest bit sad that another little piece of her babyhood is gone. 

1 comment:

BethAnn said...

Just LOVELY!! I adore the dress and the personality in that little girl!! The shoes are gorgeous. Thank you for sharing your family - JUST the sweetest family.