"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Friday, June 23, 2017

Eleanor

Eleanor is turning into a little girl and each day there's somehow a bit less of the baby left.  I keep making inappropriate jokes to Drew about how he should get me another baby.  He feigns chest pains every time I bring it up.
But really.  You guys.  My girl is beautiful and full of personality.  I can't get enough.



 

There's still some baby in those fingers.  Sweet, dimpled little fingers. 




Fun with my camera and the new flowers. 
  
We reached a new milestone today.  Eleanor played in the yard by herself while I read an entire chapter in a book.  It was a short chapter, but it was a chapter.  She played by herself!!!  When Drew got off work he had to mow, but Eleanor & I were able to relax on the deck while he worked.  Back porch sitting, a Minnie Mouse sippy cup, Sonic tea that I've refilled from home at least twice today, a lunchable for dinner, and a good book.  Summer is awesome. 
 
Side Note: I recently read The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls and loved it. It's a memoir of her childhood living in poverty with parents who were wanderers.  I would highly recommend it.  I loved her writing style so much that I'm reading her other two books.  I'm currently into Half Broke Horses, a true life novel written about her grandmother's life.   I'm not sure that I ever elaborated on another book I recently read... Hope Heals by Jay & Katherine Wolfe.  It's a true story of severe health issues and very much a testimony of faith & God's healing.  I liked it, but mainly because it hit on some feelings that I felt on our journey with Alex & Emma.  It's hopeful (duh), but it's pretty heavy.  Not a beach read, that's for sure.  I'm a sucker for a good memoir.  If you guys have anything to recommend, let me know! 

No comments: