"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Friday, June 23, 2017

Go Outside

I've been dramatic when it comes to telling you all about swim lessons this week, but I have to say that we wrapped week 1 on a good note.  Thursday morning's lesson involved no screaming or crying, so I consider that a win.  Also, sucker.  Winner, winner. 
 We spent yesterday evening in the backyard while Drew added steps and a planter to our new deck.  Eleanor drew on the studs for the steps before he assembled everything. 
 It was HOT and humid, but we had such fun. 
video

video


 This morning we went to Lowe's for soil & flowers.  Unnecessarily long pit stop at the slightly scary Mickey Mouse fountain.  Nobody tell her it's for sale.  Please. 
 Just us girls driving the truck today... and taking selfies while they load up our soil. 
 I'm a fan of my big, unruly, curly, frizzy mane.  It's wild & happy and it makes me feel like me :)
 Home with our loot...
Before flowers...
 I had a very specific method for planning this flower bed.  Step one: pick flowers I like.  Step two: try to pick perennials so they'll come back next year.  That's about it, y'all.  I know there are people who spend years in college learning to design landscapes and flower beds, but I'm not that gal.  I just really like pretty flowers and getting my hands dirty.  I'm so super pleased with this modest little planter because it feels like me... wild, unruly, imperfect, and happy (hence the reason for the selfie above). 



 We spent tons of time in the back yard before the deck, but we're enjoying it in a new way now.  I'll have to take a picture this evening, since everything is beautiful at dusk. 

No comments: