"I should not talk so much about myself if there were any body else whom I knew as well."
-Henry David Thoreau

Monday, July 3, 2017

Party!

On Saturday we celebrated Eleanor's upcoming 2nd birthday.  It's no secret that I get a bit overwhelmed in the midst of a crowd, but this is the absolute best crowd a gal could be in.  All of these people love our daughter so much that they came from far & wide to eat hotdogs at 11 am and give presents to a toddler that may give them a fist bump, but may also scream "NO!" if they get too close.  I'm so grateful for each and every one of these people. 
Also, I'd just like to point out that she's not ACTUALLY two until tomorrow.  Today she's still one, people.  Don't rush me.
Waiting for her people to arrive!  
 I made this frame for people to take photos with so that I can update her family book with more recent photos.  I'm not sure we ever convinced her that it wasn't a hula hoop. 



 Grandma LaGayle
 Aunt Alex & Corbin
 Casey & Sasha
 I took 6 photos of Kyle & Misty with this frame and never got one where they were both looking & smiling with their eyes open.  It's tough when there's a foot height difference :) 
 Tessa & Kayla
 Misty, me, Sasha
 Misty & Kayla
 Misty, Kayla, Braeden, Eleanor, Sasha
 John & Alison
 Braeden & me
 Jessica & Nonnie
 JR & Jason
 Corbin
 What?!?!
 Her cake was perfect! 

 You guys, she blew out those two candles all by herself at exactly the right moment. 
 Icing first.  Always eats the icing first. 
 Casey
 Misty & Kayla
 I wanted Drew to take a picture with me.  He was being a goon and wouldn't smile.  I tried to do the same.  Apparently I have no poker face. 
 There's a smile. 
 The aftermath. 
 Kyle & Kayla
 Braeden & Tessa
 Presents!  The thing I dislike most about opening gifts during a party is that you don't really have time to enjoy or appreciate one before your child moves on to the next.  (Talk about a first world problem!)  While the gift opening was a bit of a frenzy during the party, I can assure you that she's already gone back and begun to enjoy each and every gift she was given.  Many thanks to each and every one of our family for spoiling her so! 
 McCarty cousins together again! 
 Tessa & Drew

No comments: